CEO Forum description and new member qualifications
The CEO Forum is not a networking group. Networking within the group does happen, but that's not our real mission. Our real mission is two-fold:
1) to be a safe, confidential place where members can bring problems and opportunities and where they can get candid, unbiased feedback from their peers. Think of us as a Board of Advisors for one another.
2) to be a place of learning where we can all get better at what we do. We do this by exchanging ''best practices,'' by occasionally bringing in outside speakers, and by reading and discussing selected business books.
Here then are the qualifications we are looking for in prospective new members:
• a candidate must, of course, be a Schaumburg Business Assn member. There is no additional cost to be a member of the CEO Forum beyond SBA dues.
• he or she doesn't have to carry the title of CEO but must be the chief decision-maker for the organization, and must have bottom line P&L responsibility.
• we meet every second Thursday of the month from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. via Zoom. We would like to find a permanent, in person meeting place, but haven’t secured one yet.
• attendance is very important to us. Someone with a heavy travel schedule who would attend only sporadically would not be a good fit for us.
• we are looking for seasoned business veterans who will bring knowledge and experience to the group. A twenty-something first time entrepreneur looking for mentors would not be a good fit for us.
• we don't want extraneous relationships within the group. In other words, we would screen out competitors, customers, or suppliers to any of the existing members.
• membership in the CEO Forum is by invitation only. Usually one or two of us will interview a prospective member before an invitation to join is extended. That's not an elitist thing, it's just that like any group, we have a culture and a personality, and we want to do what we can to make sure the personality of a new member is going to be a good ''fit'' for us.
Meets the 2nd Thursday of every month from 8:00am-10:00am.