Village Green of Schaumburg
Village Green has always been a company that improves lives and communities through its business practices. It began with our founder leading the effort of forcing banks in the 1930s and 40’s in Detroit to offer mortgages to underprivileged and ethnically diverse people. Championing the building of solar homes and energy efficiency in the 1970s and 80s. And more recently, redeveloping two high-rise apartment communities in Detroit which prompted the City of Detroit to bestow upon Village Green the Spirit of Detroit Award for its contribution to the city’s economic revitalization.
Originally founded in 1919, the company has evolved from building single family homes into one of the nation’s largest privately held apartment companies. It was in the 1950s that the company first expanded into apartment, condominium and commercial building. Village Green Management Company and the Village Green apartment brand was established in 1966 as a separate division exclusively for developing, building and managing apartment communities.
In the late 1970s Village Green pushed innovations in business, marketing, technology and design that over the course of nearly four decades transformed the company into a national apartment industry leader. Village Green created a hospitality orientation based on exceptional customer service with multiple brands, operating companies and the award winning University of Village Green associate training program.
In 2011, Compatriot Capital, a division of Sammons Enterprises, Inc., became owners in Village Green. Today, the company is under the stewardship of a seasoned team who continue to confidently guide and inspire a forward thinking philosophy and customer centric culture comprised of 1,300 associates. Almost one hundred years later the goal is the same; to help people Live Better, Live Social, and Live Green.