We are a full-service moving company and this position involved loading, transporting, and unloading household goods. Our drivers are leaders for our moving crews and they interact with customers on a daily basis.
Growth opportunity available!
Must meet the requirements of a criminal background check, driving record, physical, drug screen, and all other rules/regulations as required by Federal, State and The Company.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely drive all company vehicles (owned or rented) as assigned.
- Perform pre-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensions, walk-boards and more.
- Lead crew in loading shipment on to. or off of truck and efficiently complete job assigned.
- May inspect shipment prior to loading for proper packing and/or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory of shipment.
- Calculate charges and collect payment from shipper unless otherwise noted on paperwork or by supervisor.
- Must be proficient at packing and loading items on moving van in order to maximize capacity and eliminate any possibility of damage in transporting.
- Know all moving equipment and proper uses for each including dollies, four-wheelers, lift-gates, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies set forth by the Company. Report all violations of such procedures and policies to supervisor.
- Provide and maintain superior customer service.
- Work with dispatch daily, in person or by phone as required to check work schedule unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
- Report to work promptly at dispatched time.
All other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills and Knowledge required:
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees and/or customers.
- Must be willing to travel (local, interstate or intrastate)
- Ability to comprehend and implement oral instructions quickly.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Have comprehensive understanding of moving and storage operations including being proficient at packing and loading.
- Ability to be on time, reliable, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DOT regulations / ELD logging systems.
Education and Experience:
- Required- High School Diploma or GED
- Required- Valid Driver’s license
- Required- Good driving record (will be verified)
- Required- Ability to meet background check standards
Compensation: CDL-A: $23 – $25 / hour
Mid-West Moving & Storage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer including disabled and veterans. Our policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic.