Position Overview Meet Chicago Northwest is seeking an energetic sales professional to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Sales and working as a member of a four-person sales team. This position is responsible for aggressively researching and qualifying potential customers that might bring group business to the convention center, hotels and group meeting venues in the Chicago Northwest region.
The position will actively contact potential customers through trade show marketing, telemarketing, video conferencing, emailing, sales missions, sales appointments, e-newsletters and other methods. Key focus is placed on bringing new business to the area, especially those requiring multiple hotels and venues.
Job Responsibilities/Candidate Attributes:
• Experience in hotel and meeting related industries with persuasive sales and negotiation abilities; required.
• Generates leads at industry tradeshows and analyzes the return on investment.
• Creates all appropriate documentation and enters all pertinent data into the bureau’s client database associated with business development, (including but not limited to phone calls, emails, tradeshow interactions, correspondence). Ensures accurate and current data entry.
• Knows and understand the capabilities, amenities, and services of venues, hotels, attractions, and event-related businesses in Chicago Northwest and the surrounding area.
• Comfortable performing online research to identity potential customers; heavy telemarketing.
• Takes the initiative, works well independently, and handles multiple tasks effectively while taking directive from multiple-stakeholders.
• Pursue and achieve individual and team sales performance goals.
• Demonstrates a commitment to quality, accuracy, and continuous improvement.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends. Independent local & national travel, 25% of the time.
• Excels in written, oral and visual presentation skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Comfortable using various forms of social media.
• Projects a professional appearance and positive attitude; Willing to adapt to change, and sees themself as a member of the MCNW team
• Experience with CRM data management systems. Familiarity with Knowland and Simpleview, a plus.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
• Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule.
• Cell phone and Mileage reimbursement
• Complimentary Costco Membership
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Life Insurance (significant company contribution)
• 401K Plan with company match
• Ten Paid Holidays in the first year
• Bonus sales incentive
About Meet Chicago Northwest Meet Chicago Northwest is a non-profit corporation that is the official Convention & Visitors organization for the eight vibrant communities located in the Chicago Northwest region. Our mission is to make an economic impact for our communities through tourism by bringing individual and group travelers to our region through direct promotion and marketing. Our service region includes 62 hotels, 25 major attractions and over 600 restaurants. Learn more at www.ChicagoNorthwest.com • Meet Chicago Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. • Relocation assistance is not available.
• Interested candidates, please submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com