Senior Production Planner
Sunstar Americas, Inc., a member of the Sunstar Group of companies, is a global organization headquartered in Switzerland that is a leader in the oral care industry and the manufacturer and distributor of the GUM and Butler Brands. The company serves oral health care professionals and consumers in 80 countries around the world and is driven by a mission to enhance the health and well-being of people everywhere.
As Sr. Production Planner, this position will create and execute the Master Schedule, the Manufacturing (MRP) Plan, and the capacity plan to match the overall production plan and keep in proper alignment the changing algorithms of demand and supply systems for products under his/her control.This position requires an individual with a high level of organization, attention to detail and excellent communication skills including written, oral and presentation.
In this position you will use your experience to:
- Create, execute, and maintain a valid and realistic production plan. This includes continual control of Master Production and MRP schedules.
- Plan, execute, and monitor capacity and resource issues related to level loading and constraint management.
- Review, control, and minimize the inventory investment while providing the proper amount of material resources to support the product-plan and provide for forecast deviation and variability in customer demand.
- Help coordinate and execute the launching of new and enhanced products and phase out old products.
- Help identify and analyze the impact of demand management issues related to forecast deviation, market, and product mix shifts and trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. APICS Certification preferred
- 4+ years experience in Materials Management, Supply Chain or related field.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing process form the purchase of raw materials to sub-assembly to final assembly and distributionprocurement techniques and principles
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Strong communication, problem solving,and analytical skills
Sunstar Americas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact Sunstar Americas Human Resources at 773-777-4000 to request assistance.