As an Inclusion Aide at NWSRA, you will be an advocate for a child with disabilities enrolled in a Park District’s program, providing activity adaptation while emphasizing their abilities. You may work on a 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 ratio based on individual needs. Becoming an Inclusion Aide with NWSRA and our member Park Districts is a great way to build communication skills, learn new jobs functions, and inspire participants to grow and have fun. Openings in Arlington Heights, Palatine and Schaumburg.
- Hourly rate starting at $16.50
- Inclusion Programs run Monday through Friday (sometime Saturdays) from 8:00am-7:00pm
- Flexible scheduling in days and hours
- Supervising and encouraging individuals with disabilities in participating in recreation programs within a Park District setting.
- Ensure the safety, behavior management, and involvement of participants in activities.
- Promote good relations with participants, parents, coworkers, park district employees, and community contacts.
- Act as an advocate for the participants, provide disability awareness information, and emphasize the individual's abilities and similarities while de-emphasizing the difference.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Have an interest or experience working with children with disabilities.
- Demonstrate dependability, promptness, flexibility, and punctuality.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in recreation programming and have the ability to engage in activities requiring physical exertion.
- Able to work independently.
- No experience is necessary, but a desire to learn and be a team player is required.
- Days can be anywhere from 5 days a week to 1 day a week
- Morning and after school shifts (after 2:30pm)