Do you want to be a change agent? Grow a vital wellness category? Improve people’s quality of life? Come join our dynamic team as an Ecommerce Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for growing our brand across ecommerce platforms. This role reports to the Senior Ecommerce Manager and will work closely with Sales teams to elevate the GUM brand and drive revenue via Amazon, retail partner e-commerce and our owned e-commerce platforms.
The Ecommerce Manager, Content & Digital Merchandising, will be directly responsible for strategic execution of Sunstar Americas US ecommerce content & digital merchandising efforts; leveraging brand creative assets, best in class product positioning to accelerate growth, drive conversion and enhance the overall consumer experience and engagement across our ecommerce channels (Pure Play, e-Retailers, B2C, B2B).
This role is responsible for, but not limited to catalog content planning, online merchandising, continuous refinements of retailer product detail pages, retailer enhanced content planning & execution, as well as identifying opportunities based on category insights and trends. The Ecommerce Manager, Content & Digital Merchandising role is also responsible for cultivating best-in-class practices as it relates to ecommerce content development and merchandising techniques.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain and manage online product assortments ensuring item content is brand right, relevant, engaging, accurate, in compliance with brand guidelines and best practices.
- Build and maintain Sunstar Brand stores, landing pages and product collections based on marketing plans, revenue goals, consumer engagement and brand right messaging.
- Ensure content is optimized for search and discoverability.
- Responsible for enhanced product page content builds across ecommerce digital shelves.
- Develop external website management processes to keep websites up to date with current content, available retailers, and brands messaging.
- Responsible for digital shelf content syndication process and execution.
Best-in-Class Digital Merchandising:
- Manage product placement strategy across retailer sites including taxonomy and category optimization.
- Maintain on-site search strategies to increase product and category visibility.
- Ensure a consistent consumer experience across ecommerce channels.
- Develop and maintain variation strategies across own brand sites, and retailer platforms; as well as up sell and cross sell opportunities.
- Work closely with Brand Management, Sales, and Corporate Marketing teams to ensure digital shelf is optimized to support all activation strategies (search, re-targeting, email, promo, etc)
- Ensure relevant category plans are executed on priority products and work to transform insights into actionable on-site digital strategies.
- Lead ratings & review strategy by recommending, managing, and prioritizing review sampling and other review tactics to improve conversion and sell through rates online and in-store.
Content & Merchandising Analytics
- Analyze Sunstar retail partners’ strategies and collaborate with consumer insights, integrated marketing, and brand marketing teams to understand how the Sunstar consumer fits into these strategies.
- Position Sunstar as an expert in Oral Healthcare across Ecommerce Ecosystem by leveraging shopper insights, consumer understanding, and category trends by actively utilizing technical resources, and analytical capabilities.
- Partner with Category Management leveraging point of sale data to inform merchandising strategies
- Proactively report results to understand success, diagnose next steps, find trends in content types, and outline key brand audiences. Report out to marketing and sales to keep learnings top of mind across our organization.
Education and Experience:
- Experience developing eCommerce ready content for retailer product detail pages and merchandising strategies to drive conversion (i.e., banner ads, up sell/cross sell, variations, SEO, paid search, assortment planning, etc)
- Collaborative leadership background.
- Bachelor’s Degree (business or marketing preferred)
- Digital Marketing a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with systems such as Salsify, Syndigo, Customer Portals (Amazon Vendor Central, Retail Link, Instacart), Stackline, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, Customer Interaction, Project Management, and Entrepreneurial drive required
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Potential of 10% Travel.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage that includes Medical, Vision, Life and disability insurance plans along with enhanced Dental benefits.
- Company Paid Life & AD&D and Optional Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program including an onsite fitness center.
- 401K retirement plan with 5% employer match (Pretax and Roth options)
- 401k profit sharing contribution based on company performance
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Competitive annual bonus and sales incentive programs
- Miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development and training classes
- Employee discounts on oral care products
- Hybrid Flexible Working Schedule