NCSF is a community-based insurance organization offering products and member benefits that assist individuals and their families achieve financial security. We are committed to helping build stronger communities. We are looking for people that share our vision. We offer a collaborative and friendly environment where our most valuable resource is people. We hire smart, creative and passionate professionals who can understand the big picture and are focused on success.
The Life Insurance Claims Analyst acts independently and autonomously managing claims by conducting thorough reviews and investigations. Has the knowledge and ability to determine what additional resources and steps are necessary and appropriate in making a claim determination. This role will assist our field force, members’ beneficiaries or their representatives in submitting the necessary information for life insurance claims. Responsible for handling all claims from initial claim notification or assignment to closure. Also assists with various Customer Service administrative functions. Interprets contract language to process claims accordingly. Provides high quality service to internal and external customers., Knowledgeable and consistent with regulatory and compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Investigate claim files to determine steps needed to complete the settlement of claims
- Communicate with field force and members’ beneficiaries to request information needed to make a claim decision
- Respond to initial notification of death claim and mail appropriate forms
- Analyze information received to make an independent claim decision
- Organize information to proactively keep all parties informed of claim status, next steps and claim decision
- Manage pending case load in a timely manner managing individual productivity and service levels
- Analyze and determine claims payment in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain excellent working relationships with members’ beneficiaries, field force, attorneys, management, and internal staff
- Maintain working knowledge of NCSF’s products, riders, and settlement options
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Perform responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Perform any additional duties that may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and independent decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be compassionate and empathetic
- Familiarity with medical terminology is a plus
- Passionate drive to be empathetic with beneficiaries and offer solutions to deliver on their expectations
- Be a team player to cooperate with internal staff on special projects
- Demonstrated organizational skills and clear communication.
- Must have exceptional time management skills.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to work independently.
- English/Spanish Bi-Lingual a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated administrative skills including data entry and filing.
Ability to read and analyze certificates and policy documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members.
Ability to calculate simple math figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet software such as Word and Excel. CRM system a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in the financial services industry
- Salesforce or other CRM system experience
- Life Producer Insurance License preferred or working towards licensing
- Other financial services or life insurance professional designations a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.