IT Operations Manager
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Department: Information System
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Imagine a professional environment, with an emphasis on innovation, dedicated to serving families by helping them achieve financial security, with an organization that has a collaborative environment, innovative spirit, and passion for service make which makes NCSF a great place not just to work, but to build a career in the insurance industry.
IT Administration and responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs non-routine, varied duties to operate computer console and peripheral equipment.
- Monitors operating system to ensure all on-line systems are active.
- Analyzes machine or program malfunction; makes corrections as necessary.
- Monitors the performance of all desktop and lap computers to ensure optimum utilization of machines.
- Installs necessary software for staff to complete daily tasks.
- Ensures procedural logs are maintained, maintenance is scheduled, and supplies are available.
- Monitors and develops a daily maintenance schedule for operating computers.
- Works with outside IT partner to maintain network stability.
- Ensures daily backup procedures are completed timely.
- Maintains internal work tickets and verifies invoices from outside IT partner.
- Ensures production status reports are accurate and distributed in timely manner.
- Provides guidance and training to lower level operators.
- Provides CFO and CEO with system reports that effect changes on internal AS 400 system and accounting
- Provides training to new and existing staff on Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft, Excel and Power point.
Project Management duties
- Leads the requirements management efforts for large projects to include new client implementations and large strategic projects; devises and executes a requirements management plan for assigned projects; and takes ownership of the business analysis role throughout the project.
- Identifies and understands Policy Administration System (PAS) and stakeholders; initiates and facilitates meetings and discussions with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Works with business analysts, actuary, sales, operations, business representatives, Policy Administration System representatives and other partners to ensure complete understanding of software requirements; provides business related IT knowledge to clients and business representatives during the requirements management process.
- Produces project requirements documentation, including written documents, process diagrams, report mock-ups, wire frames and other documentation as required, using standard templates.
- Meets deadlines and manages work to timelines.
- Mentors team members.
- Be the subject matter expert or “super user” for our technology systems.
- Assists team members in the elicitation and refinement of business requirements and to develop related processes and procedures.
- Assists in translating business requirements to technical designs and specifications.
- Create and maintain all standardized reports.
- Provide all standardized reports per schedule.
- Assist in the development and execution of test plans during implementation of new products.
- Work with PAS owners and end users to ensure developed solutions meet required specifications.
- Work with PAS end-users to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with PAS end-users to clarify systems procedures and functions.
- When required, provide technical and business leadership within a project framework.
- Submit status report on periodic basis.
Job Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Self-starter, able to work individually and/or within a project framework.
- Detail-oriented and organized; can complete projects one at a time and simultaneously.
- Experience with ODBC Compliant reporting tools such as SQL or Crystal Reports
- Ability to be creative to help invent new ways of approaching problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science/Systems, preferred.
- Strong understanding of Life Insurance Industry processes and procedures, very helpful
- Working knowledge of developing reporting solutions using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Experience with SAAS environment
- 3 or more years supporting applications in a business environment.
- Ongoing studies in computer-based topics such as Microsoft certifications or general interest topics
Additional expertise knowledge
- CISCO ASA experience.
- SBS 2008 / 2011 experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on technical experience with the insurance
- Work with Microsoft Server and network equipment.
- Has worked in a consulting role, or project managed environment, for at least 3 years.
- Has worked for more than 2 years in Enterprise environments in a hands-on IT role.
- LAN/WAN design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience on switches, routers and firewalls.
- Network-based Storage Technology (SAN) experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office 365 and related technologies a plus. Certification is a plus
- SAN experience with managing HP and Dell based disk systems.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- VMware certification a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical field; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid working knowledge of computer console, terminals and printers.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Thorough knowledge of Internal Computer operating system
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to communicate and articulate clearly at events or in a public forum.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internal computer operating system and Solid working knowledge of computer console, terminals and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office environment.
- The noise level is usually moderate.