Network Engineer/Network Administrator
Seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. The candidate would provide desktop and help desk support to our clients through a variety of tools and onsite support. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for admin level support over the phone as well as in person at times. This is a fast pace and dynamic environment. There are opportunities to always learn new technologies and to expand your experience.
- Assist with the management of client website DNS records, domains, and SSL certificate generation/installation.
- Resolve escalated Level 1 support issues including local workstations, network issues, and cloud services
- Server migrations and infrastructure changes as needed
- Support and troubleshoot functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Assist with Active Directory and Domain controller maintenance
- Assist with email and phone (VoIP) communication systems configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Configure and install software per company guidelines
- Assist with configuration and installation of servers, routers, firewalls, and other network devices
- Assist with network integrity and performance monitoring
- Provide timely and professional communication to end users and leadership as needed
- Assist with generating and maintaining technical documentation
Additional Notes: After hours (nights and weekend) project support will be requested as needed. A successful candidate for this position will have some flexibility in schedule availability to support maintenance windows outside normal business hours.
- Experience working in IT environments
- Basic understanding of network design/architecture
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers including IOS, routing, ACL's, WAN troubleshooting and application/OS/LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- A successful candidate should be pursuing a networking degree or have equivalent experience.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere ESXi, vSAN and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cross-platform knowledge (Windows and Linux OS’s)
- Ability to follow troubleshooting best practices when faced with new software or environments is critical to success in this role