At Pulse Technology our technical staff undergoes rigorous training from a select group of manufacturers across a well-defined technology stack. This ensures that we have high-performing teams, committed to exceeding the expectations of our valued customer base. Our effective management practices have earned us a reputation as a trusted provider and leader of cutting-edge technical solutions. As we grow, we are looking for like-minded individuals that are willing to think outside the box and offer creative solutions to complex problems.
The IT Service Engineer and Manager – MSP will drive special projects with a focus on processes and related business operations systems integration and automation. The position includes hands-on project-based work, acting as an escalation point, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, and managing a team of 10 Engineers.
IT Service Engineer and Manager – MSP Responsibilities:
· Act as the point of escalation for the resolution of highly complex issues and risks that have been escalated.
· Oversee the day-to-day operational, product/solution, and service delivery functions across all lines of business.
· Develop and refine service delivery and fulfillment processes and tools to ensure repeatability and standardization; process management; alerting, escalation, and management of risks; SLAs and KPIs.
· Lead teams and drive execution of service delivery initiatives and help maintain customer satisfaction at the highest level.
· Cross collaboration with the sales team to develop solutions that best fit the needs of our client base.
· Displaying strong inter-personal and communication skills for client satisfaction
· Assist with project planning and resource estimation for new projects
· Providing technical recommendations and guidance for projects
· Evaluating and ensuring completed work meets quality standards
· Building and modifying systems to meet project and user requirements
· Deploying, engineering, and optimizing enterprise-class, technology-based systems
· Providing premier technical assistance and consulting to valued customers
· Analyzing, designing, and documenting server disaster recovery and fail-over technical solutions
· Troubleshooting system and network issues through root-cause analysis and implementing solutions
· Demonstrate high emotional intelligence (EQ) while interacting with customers and peers
· Analyzing business processes and services to determine how people, processes, data, communications, and technology can best meet requirements
· Attending and facilitating technical design reviews and technical briefings
· Assuming other duties and projects as they arise
· Responding to internal trouble ticket system requests and accurately documenting the path to resolution
· Providing on-call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members
· Certification in at least one IT discipline relevant to this position
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in a similar role
· Self-motivated, able to make independent choices, free from immediate direction or supervision
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in providing first-line IT support
· Able to work evenings and weekends if required
· We are willing to provide some additional training for the technologies or services below, but you must have a solid understanding of the basics.
· Experience mentoring and cross-training IT staff and providing guidance in day-to-day operations
· Experience in pre-sales engineering-type role in recommending solutions to clients
· Experience in MSP or multi-client support role
· Server administration including Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019, clustered hypervisors, Windows operating systems, MS Cluster Server, and VMWare
· Familiarity with appropriate server OS-level tools, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, including the creation/deletion of user accounts, devices, and policies.
· Knowledge of applying patches and updates for Windows servers and clients
· Knowledge of managing and troubleshooting network switches, routers, access points, and other network devices.
· Administered and supported security firewalls such as SonicWall (Training provided for WatchGuard)
· Experience resolving network and stand-alone printer issues
· Office 365 Tenant administration (Licensing, Azure, ADFS, Active Directory Premium).
· Office 365 monitoring service health, and management of service requests
· Knowledge of redundancy strategies and disaster recovery contingency planning
· Ability to explore and analyze new technologies and make recommendations to supervisor
· Responsible for lifting, pushing, and pulling information technology equipment up to 50 pounds
PULSE TECHNOLOGY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
WHY WORK FOR PULSE TECHNOLOGY?**
Who We Are:
Pulse Technology has been leading the way in technological innovation for nearly 100 years. Previously known as Des Plaines Office Equipment, McShane’s Business Solutions, and Kramer & Leonard, we have combined our expertise, products, and services to offer a complete one-stop-shop for all your office needs.
Today, Pulse Technology is known as the culmination of 3 family-owned companies coming together and continuing to grow in an ever-changing digital world. With roots in Des Plaines, IL, Hammond, IN, and Chesterton, IN, Pulse Technology’s humble beginnings have instilled the values we still employ today.
Through a combination of nearly 200 years of experience in the industry, we know that there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to technology. Every business is different, and its needs are vastly different. That is why Pulse Technology offers one of the largest arrays of technological products, services, and solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year