Under the direction of the Respiratory Therapy Manager this position is responsible for maintaining a line of communication between the patient, caregiver, and Respiratory Therapy Department. The Department Secretary is responsible for standard administrative responsibilities which include greeting customers as they enter the medical facility, answering the phone, triaging and responding to customer, caregiver and/or referral source inquiries, documenting customer interactions in the electronic medical record, making photocopies, faxing, and
maintaining an appropriate level of patient education folders for new customer admissions.
1. Position requires a high school diploma or GED.
2. One year in health care industry experience preferred.
3. A minimum of one-year experience working with patients on CPAP, Respiratory Assist Devices and Oxygen therapy preferred.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD.10 coding and third-party payer reimbursement.
5. Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office) and computerized charting applications.
6. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with customers, caregivers and health professionals.
7. Prepares and gathers information to triage customer phone calls in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
8. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
9. Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary team.
10. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
11. Treats customers, caregivers, referring entities and co-workers with respect and dignity.
12. Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers.
The following is a list of abilities required for this position unless reasonable accommodations can be made in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).