Under the direction of the Purchasing Supervisor, this position handles the daily functions within the purchasing department.
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma, some college preferred.
- Computer or data entry experience.
- Previous relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent human relation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully with internal and external contacts.
- Strong collaborative and demonstration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, problem solving, investigational and analytical skills.
- Must have a valid IL driver’s license.
- Process medical supply and equipment orders for assigned nursing home facilities.
- Confirm supply orders that have been delivered to the nursing home facilities.
- Support Customer Service staff with problem investigation and resolution.
- Contact outside vendors to fulfill equipment orders.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and report discrepancies to accounts payable.
- Review Out-of-Budget-Requests (OBR) and obtain pricing and approval.
- Provide feedback on discussions at departmental meetings concerning costs, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain proper documentation and communication records
- Monitor rental equipment usage at the nursing home facilities.
- Facilitates and provides feedback to Supervisor on barriers, issues and risks.
- Maintain visibility to “Urgent Orders” to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Timely follow up on any missing information needed to complete order process.
- Approaches customers and inquiries in a manner which represents ownership.
- Implement and maintain completion of training to comply with ACHC standards.
- Attend staff training sessions as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.