Under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Manager this position is responsible for planning,
coordinating, and managing skilled nursing facility resident care plans in accordance with the
Commission of Registered Dietetics Association. This role is an integral part of a multidisciplinary
health care team.
1. Position requires a bachelor’s degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university.
2. Previous experience in long term skilled care preferred.
3. Position requires Registered Dietitian with the Commission of Registered Dietetics Association
and Licensed Dietitian status in state practicing.
4. Clinical Malnutrition Certification preferred
5. Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office) and computerized charting applications-
Point Click Care.
6. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client
and support staff.
7. Prepares and gathers information to complete accurate and detailed patient visit report.
8. Ability to convert supplements, parenteral and enteral supplements .
9. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
10. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license.
12. Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary team in long term skilled care facility.
? Perform nutritional and professional services to customers whose care is provided by entities under contract
with Prism for such services
? Maintain adherence to established professional standards of practice for dietetic professionals.
? Serve as professional resource for in-service education, and nutritional guidance to allied health professionals
in accordance with established professional standards
? Act as liaison with medical, nursing staffs, social services, dining services, and administrative staffs,
participating in the development of dietetic policies and procedures
? Assist allied professional health workers and food service employees in training, sanitation, and compliance
in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health standards of care.
? Attend interdisciplinary skin/weight meetings
? Report and evaluate with the facility administrator or his designee, the adequacy and appropriateness of
? Record all nutritional care assessments, findings, and recommendations in the medical record, in accordance
with established standards
? Attend regularly scheduled meetings
? Other duties as assigned