Under the direction of the Customer Service Lead, this position is responsible for all customer service activities, adhering to process and productivity goals, and maintaining efficiency and high-level customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience in DME or Medical Office Customer Service.
- Proven performance record in customer service.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully with internal and external contacts
- Strong collaborative and skills in facilitating teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, problem solving, investigational and analytical skills along with excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Performs appropriate tasks related to patient discharge and equipment fitting for a comprehensive and complete transition of care.
- Answers incoming patient and referral calls; verifies all information; use appropriate forms/documents
- Knowledge of Medicare LCD’s and Qualifications for home medical equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of Medicare, Illinois Public Aid and insurance industry policies and guidelines
- Interacts in strict adherence to HIPPA compliance regulations and related company policies
- Receives appropriate paperwork and prescriptions as required
- Upload required documents to the patient account
- Works with Quality Assurance to ensure details of referrals are complete and accurate prior to delivery and patient education.
- Responds to customer requests courteously and with respect
- Approaches customers and inquiries in a manner which represents ownership
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems and making recommendations to executive leadership
- Refers troubleshooting calls to appropriate department
- Reports any patient or referral related problems to Lead immediately
- Build and maintain positive relationships with referral sources to include education on medical equipment qualification and policy changes
- Promote company program and services to assigned referral source.
- Meets monthly and quarterly productivity goals
- Adherence to the Prism’s Employee Handbook
- Adherence to Prism’s Policies and Procedures
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic plan of the organization.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Communicate necessary information to the Mangers and Co-workers
- Participate in on-call schedule rotation
- Attend in-service training when required
- Performs other duties as assigned