This job description is a fast-paced entry level position in the Customer Service Department. Under the direction of the Customer Service Department Manager, the unit secretary is responsible for supporting patients and customer service by answering inbound phone calls for the following medical equipment therapies; oxygen, enteral, nebulizer, compressor, suction machine, associated supplies and traditional bent-metal medical equipment. This position is responsible for assisting with outbound customer phone calls to process co-insurance payments prior to scheduling delivery.
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- Demonstrates strong
interpersonal and computer skills, which include oral, written, typing,
utilizing various communication platforms.
- Demonstrates strong
problem solving, investigational and analytical skills
along with excellent
listening and interpersonal
- Strong medical terminology, computer and/or data entry experience.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and accrediting body regulations.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Demonstrates ability to discern the nature of call to appropriate staff.
- Strong collaborative and demonstration skills in facilitating teamwork
- Excellent organizations skills required
ability to work independently and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members.
- Responsible for answering a high volume of inbound phone calls for customers using oxygen, enteral, nebulizer, compressor, suction machine, associated supplies and traditional bent-metal medical equipment within the department established parameters.
- Makes outbound customer calls, which may include, providing medical equipment scheduling status updates, collecting co-insurance and to relay additional information for the coordination of care.
- Responds to customer requests, which may include, order status update, scheduling and troubleshooting in accordance with the mission and values of the company.
- Triages phone calls based on established department standards.
- Approaches customers and inquiries in a manner which represents ownership.
- Documents all customer interactions in the electronic medical record in accordance with established department and company standards. Responsible for appending related documents in patient file and providing appropriate notification to the department team members.
- Escalates any patient or referral related problems to Manager immediately.
- Communicate information inter-departmentally on a daily basis.
- Maintain general knowledge of Medicare, Illinois Public Aid and insurance industry policies and guidelines.
- Attend in-service training when required.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems and making recommendations to department Manager
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meets all productivity goals
- Interacts in strict adherence to HIPPA compliance regulations and related company policies.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic plan of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned