This position is a fast-paced entry level position. Under the direction of the Clinical Customer Service Department Manager, the unit secretary is responsible for supporting patients and clinical customer service by answering inbound phone calls for the following respiratory equipment therapies; continuous positive airway pressure, respiratory assist devices, non-invasive ventilation and supply fulfillment. This position will also be responsible for assisting with outbound customer phone calls to process co-insurance payments prior to scheduling delivery.
1. Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
2. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and computer skills, which include oral, written, typing, utilizing various communication platforms.
3. Demonstrates strong problem solving, investigational and analytical skills along with excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong medical terminology, computer and/or data entry experience.
5. Strong knowledge of federal, state and accrediting body regulations.
6. Microsoft Office experience.
7. Demonstrates ability to discern the nature of call to appropriate staff.
8. Strong collaborative and demonstration skills in facilitating teamwork
9. Excellent organizations skills required
10. Demonstrates ability to work independently and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members.
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION
ADA CHECKLIST FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES & REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION
The following is a list of abilities required for this position unless reasonable accommodations can be made in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Physical Activity - Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time at employee workstation. Occasionally move about the inside of the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, or attend meetings.
- Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers or customers accurately.
- Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures or viewing a computer terminal.
- Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; tasks are completed in an office environment.
- Finger Dexterity - Typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a desk telephone, cellphone, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Responsible for answering a high volume of inbound phone calls for customers using continuous positive airway pressure, respiratory assist devices, non-invasive ventilation and associated supply fulfillment, within the department established parameters.
- Makes outbound customer calls, which may include, providing medical equipment scheduling status updates, collecting co-insurance and to relay additional information for the coordination of care.
- Responds to customer requests, which may include, order status update, scheduling and troubleshooting in accordance with the mission and values of the company.
- Triages phone calls based on established department standards.
- Approaches customers and inquiries in a manner which represents ownership.
- Documents all customer interactions in the electronic medical record in accordance with established department and company standards. Responsible for appending related documents in patient file and providing appropriate notification to the department team members.
- Escalates any patient or referral related problems to Manager immediately.
- Communicate information inter-departmentally on a daily basis.
- Maintain general knowledge of Medicare, Illinois Public Aid and insurance industry policies and guidelines.
- Attend in-service training when required.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems and making recommendations to department Manager
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meets all productivity goals
- Interacts in strict adherence to HIPPA compliance regulations and related company policies.
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic plan of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned