The Business Development Manager will motivate and lead the Account Executives in a wide range of specialties and facilities that refer to Prism Health Care Services. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that everyone within this team reaches the established budgeted admission targets. This position will develop, coach and mentor each Account Executive, while implementing incentive plans that motivate the Account Executives to reach or exceed budgeted admission targets.
The Business Development Manager will seek new business opportunities that produce optimal growth of the home medical and respiratory equipment business while keeping a strong focus on parameters established by federal, regulatory and accrediting agencies. The responsibilities include working in conjunction with prospective business alliance organizations, leadership and C-Suite level to identify synergistic opportunities, develop a business platform and plan, coordinate and execute this relationship and venture.
Previous Customer Relationship Management (CRM) prospecting experience to develop a sales funnel is paramount. The Business Development Manager will require exceptional communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with team members, the referral community, and other customers. This role is for an individual who is motivated, results-driven and enjoys working in a team environment.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for continuous improvement, mentoring direct reports, establishing strong team dynamics, meeting annual budgeted revenue targets, and contributing to the long-term growth of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent sales experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in sales management and business development or the combination there of, with a demonstrated successful experience in a sales role.
- Three years proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Demonstrated capability to call on prospects and accounts up to and including the “C” level executives.
- Demonstrated ability in developing goals and business growth.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect and analyze information to detect patterns, observing and interpreting data, and making decisions based on analytics and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication and presentations skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Durable Medical Equipment industry or equivalent market knowledge
- Sales, Prospecting and Territory management experience.
- Prospecting Skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, third party insurance payers, medical policy and health care industry workflow.
- Develops, implements and executes sales growth strategies in accordance with the established calendar year budget.
- Develops account representative territories in accordance with marketing growth strategies and plans.
- Manages and retains relationships with existing clients, while prospecting for new business.
- Mentors and trains personnel, to include sales, communication and professional skills development.
- Establishes monitoring and surveillance of team productivity metrics via CRM.
- Reviews department measurable goals to include specific interventions consistent with the organization’s strategic plan. Measures success of plan and revises, on an as needed basis to ensure adherence to yearly budgeted revenue goals.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping business strategies confidential. Educates customers effectively and confidently on products and services with a high degree of professionalism.
- Develops marketing collateral aligned with core business strategy.
- Responds to phone calls, voicemails, emails and text messages in accordance with established company protocols.
- Adheres to the Attendance Policy.
- Submits payroll and expense reports within established company timeline.
- Follows safety policies to prevent work-related injury.
- Completes annual review of commission structure.
- Holds direct reports accountable for managing company resources, to include work-day schedule.
- Ensures appropriate utilization of company assigned equipment by account representative department.
- Strong understanding of home medical and respiratory equipment medical policy.
- Strong understanding of DMEPOS Supplier Standards.
- Experience with Brightree EMR preferred.
- Absolute integrity, strong sense of ownership and detail oriented required.
- Stay current with new products/services, medical policy, regulatory standards and business model.
- At a minimum, completes a monthly one-on-one coaching and mentoring with Account Executives to build product knowledge, territory and self-management, effective communication, development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Other duties as assigned