Zurich North America’s Apprentice Program
The first in our industry to be certified by the U.S. Department of Labor
Zurich is accepting resumes for our 2022 Apprentice Program! The program is scheduled to start in August 2022, but please apply now for early consideration.
We are still searching for candidates who are interested in the following business units Human Resources, Finance, or Marketing/Communications.
Our innovative General Insurance Apprentice Program allows participants to simultaneously gain the education and the experience to launch a rewarding career in commercial insurance.
Zurich’s initiative is to develop a new generation of workers to help the U.S. succeed in the 21st century economy.
The two-year program offered in Schaumburg, IL combines targeted coursework at Harper Community College in Palatine, Illinois (a northwest suburb of Chicago) with relevant work rotations at Zurich’s North American headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Apprentices who successfully complete this two-year program will:
- Work in a paid, benefit-eligible full-time position at Zurich
- Earn a tuition-free Associate in Applied Science degree in:
- Business Administration with a concentration in Insurance, OR
- Business Management with a concentration in Risk Management and Insurance
- Receive a Department of Labor Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Possess credentials and skills for today’s ever-changing marketplace
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professional work experience not required
- Must be enrolled and validated as college ready by Harper Community College Admissions. You will be redirected to Harper College if you do not meet this qualification. Please click here to contact Harper College Admissions
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich
- 1 or more years of work experience and/or leadership role in student activities and/or significant voluntary community service
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and work deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with impact
- High degree of self-discipline and focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully in a team environment
- Intermediate computer skills, especially Excel
- Ability to navigate learning and interactions in an online environment
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.