NCSF is a community-based insurance organization offering products and member benefits that assist individuals and their families achieve financial security. We are committed to helping build stronger communities. We are looking for people that share our vision. We offer a collaborative and friendly environment where our most valuable resource is people. We hire smart, creative, and passionate professionals who can understand the big picture and are focused on success.
We are looking for a part time office assistant. The part-time Member Service Associate position will work in our call center and must be able to coordinate with NCSF customers (members) and internal team to ensure optimum service. The ideal candidate must be able to provide courteous service and have the ability to focus with close attention to detail. This position will also be responsible for NCSF mail (incoming and outgoing), filing, data entry with accuracy, and other projects as assigned by the manager. This is a perfect position for someone returning to the workforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answering phones – general calls, beneficiary and address changes, claims initial contact
- Responsible for mail
- Responding to member emails and correspondence
- Data entry for new applications and adding beneficiaries to policies
- Any additional duties as assigned by the manager
Education and/or Experience:
- Have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Have great phone skills
- Data entry and word processing with typing accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing workload
- Team player with willingness to assist staff across functional teams and projects
- Effectively communicate with customers using good selling & listening skills while using proper terminology and approved messaging
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to record information accurately into a computer database
- Complete tasks with minimum supervision, exercising independent judgement
Ability to read and analyze certificates and policy documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members.
Ability to calculate simple math figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet software such as Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in member services capacity
- Salesforce or other CRM system experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.