What is a Cage Cashier?
Our Cage Cashiers perform a wide variety of monetary transactions while providing exceptional service to our casino guests and team members!
Essential Job Functions
- Provides even exchange of cash and exchanges of receipts for cash repetitively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Balances funds and assets at the end of work shift.
- Assists in the safeguarding of company assets.
- Informs supervisor of guest needs which may require special accommodations.
- Maintains composure in challenging situations.
- Performs verification of customer’s state and federal I.D.’s.
- Completes all standard forms and required documentation in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Performs accurate and efficient data entry of customer and transactional information as required in the casino management system, Title 31 software, and cash advance/check cashing system.
- Learns and follows all federal and state regulations as well as departmental standard operating procedures and company policies; including, but not limited to, Illinois Riverboat Act, Illinois Minimum Internal Control Standards and Title 31/BSA/AML.
- Ensures all job duties are performed according to established company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years high-volume cash handling experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Ability to operate a computer and 10-key accurately & efficiently.
- Comfortable with repetitive transactions.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including weekends and holidays.
- Frequent standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, reaching, bending and lifting.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs independently and repetitively.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary state and employment related licensing.
- Background must be clear of felonies and crimes of moral turpitude.