Do all the help-wanted ads look the same?
Are they more concerned with duties & responsibilities rather than YOU, the individual person, and your growth?
Do the ads read like you’ll be just another "cog in the wheel" without a voice in the process or company?
Curious? Check out our ad as it is a bit different, as our company is a bit "different" ...in a very good way.
- You are detail-oriented with strong organizational and accounting skills.
- Ambitious with a desire to always make an impact.
- You are process driven, like to follow the script and if the process needs refinement, make suggestions and improvements.
- You are a self-starter and work effectively without being micro-managed.
- You can “figure out” the pieces of the “puzzle” quickly, but if you get stuck, not afraid to reach out for help and assistance.
- Looking to make a career change or make a new start because your current employer doesn’t value your contributions to the company.
- You can make decisions and recommendations based on solid judgment and fact-based information.
- You enjoy what you do and like to be a positive influence on others around you.
- You are resourceful, independent and excited about adding value each day.
- You are passionate about learning new skills, either self-taught or through the mentoring of others.
We are Cherry’s Industrial Equipment located in Roselle-check us out at our websites (Cherrysind.com and material-handling.com) We are celebrating nearly 40 years in business and have had record years, being on pace to have our Best Year ever! Just so you know, we compete in an “unglamorous” business of manufacturing and selling equipment in a variety of industries like food processing, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, frozen foods, and many others. We have built a reputation as the “destination of choice” for our custom-engineered solutions & products because of our values, our people, and our experience. We practice “Open Book Management” and utilize the proven “Great Game of Business” to create a Culture so all employees are involved and truly look at everything to genuinely THINK, ACT and FEEL like owners!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Allied sales purchasing
- Inventory purchasing
- Monthly statements/closing
- Order processing/review/hold status
- Capital sales purchasing
- Master orders/releases
- Complete Work order/pick ticket review
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to us:
- First and foremost, a great attitude coupled with an optimistic “can do” spirit, great work ethic, coachable and teachable, and the curiosity of a lifelong learner.
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial statements, payment portals, order batching, accruals, and adjusting entries
- Proficiency in Sage 100, Microsoft Word, and Excel for the purpose of reporting, bank reconciliation, and invoicing
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to the team procedural changes and customer and vendor issues related to billing/invoicing.
- Other skills that are not required but preferred – customer support and communications – a desire to learn more about what we produce and provide backup support in communications with our customers
- Some formal accounting education (Associate's degree or Accounting certificate from a 2-year college); or equivalent of 3 to 5 years in a similar role
- Manufacturing experience is preferred (although not required)
- Must be willing to undergo a background and credit check in accordance with local law/regulations
Pay and benefits
- 8-hour Shift: Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Pay: $21 - $23 per hour - depending on experience
- Signing BONUS - Paid out over time - Ask for details!
- Eligible for health insurance benefits after 30 days of employment
- Overtime is always optional, never mandatory
This position will be considered an hourly position working in person at our manufacturing plant.
Cherry’s Industrial offers competitive benefits, including group medical insurance with company contributions, voluntary dental and vision plans, a 401(k) retirement savings plan with annual safe harbor matching contributions, paid time off, and bonus potential.
Cherry’s is an EOE employer.