Develop and Implement learning goals and objectives, in alignment with residential and day services treatment plans. Provide small group instruction to students diagnosed on the Autism spectrum and to ensure understanding and progress in the general curriculum.
A Bachelor’s degree in Exceptional/Special Education or a field meeting requirements for an individual to obtain a Professional Educator License with an LBS1 endorsement. Experience working with students on Autism spectrum and/or Experience working in a Special Education Cooperative or Intensive District Special Education Program, preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list of essential duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the task to be performed. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein is such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
1. Responsible for direct supervision and daily instruction of students with autism and other intellectual disabilities.
2. Provide small group instruction to students diagnosed on the Autism spectrum and/or students with developmental disabilities to ensure understanding and progress in the general education curriculum.
3. Develop weekly lesson plans and implement learning goals and objectives, in alignment with general education curriculum, ChildBridge Center for Education Curriculum and student’s IEP.
4. Develop re-evaluations triennially, IEPs annually, and monitor them quarterly
5. Monitor student behavior plans annually, IEP goals, and objectives, and other student goals as identified, or more frequently if needed.
6. Prepare quarterly IEP progress reports and report cards.
7. Plan, coordinate, and participate in weekly Community Based Instruction and Cooking Groups.
8. Plan, coordinate, and participate in field trips.
9. Supervision, monitoring, and training paraprofessionals in collaboration with the Center for Education Administrator and/or designee.
10. Participate in all IEP meetings, team meetings, staff meetings, committee meetings, and other meetings as determined by the Center for Education Administrator.
11. Maintain weekly communication with student parents and residential case managers.
12. Participate in ongoing professional development to ensure certification/licensure remains current.
13. Develop, monitor, and revise classroom behavior management programs.
14. Administration of formal, informal, benchmarking, classroom, and state assessments.
15. Provide needed accommodations for student learning and testing when required.
16. Build and maintain safe, fair, and respectful learning environments that celebrate the diversity of the student population.
17. Work collaboratively within a team environment.
18. Other Duties as assigned by the Center for Education Administrator that would be expected or anticipated of a special education teacher.
19. Maintains American Heart Association certification in First Aid and CPR.
20. Successfully completes Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to sitting, walking, and standing for prolonged periods; frequently grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to
use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working with persons served and handling office, medical, or household equipment. The employee is subject to assist and lift up to 25 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a reoccurring basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must have the ability to perform CPR and CPI.
Occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious substances, including communicable diseases when performing personal care (Category III). Occasional exposure to cleaning agents and disinfectants. School work environment with a noise level of normal to loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
I have read and understand the responsibilities of the assigned description and agree to follow them.