The Fairfield Inn and Suites Schaumburg has an exciting new opportunity! We are currently looking for a motivated, outgoing individual looking to build a career in the most exciting area of Hospitality - Sales!
The Sales Coordinator position is a great way to dip your foot into the thrilling world of the Hotel industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Account Management and New Business Development
- Responsible for overseeing the retention and acquisition of accounts by growing existing accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts.
- Assists the Director of Sales in executing all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals. This includes making outside sales calls and cold calls while maintaining relationships with current accounts, visiting clients' sites to reestablish relationships.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key clients. Creates and solicits new business through innovative means.
- Guest Service
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
- Financial and Marketing Business Analysis
- assists in preparing the yearly and quarterly Sales and Marketing budgets as well as the annual marketing plan.
- Assists in revenue forecasting.
- Participates in developing business plans as needed.
- Oversees advertising and marketing campaigns for the hotel.
- Works with General Manager and Director of Sales to analyze sales and marketing reports.
- Two years of prior hotels sales experience required.
- Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong selling and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- May be required to travel.
- Use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.