QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT MANAGER
The American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 52,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values, we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2017. To continue strengthening the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The Quality Improvement Project Manager is responsible for managing clinical/quality-related projects from concept to completion.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Manage quality-related projects within project budget, scope, and timelines. Examples of quality-related projects could include: Brain Health, Opioids, etc.
- Manage project team members, physicians’, and stakeholders’ expectations and help ASA realize the projects’ expected benefits.
- Provide effective and timely communication to project team members, peers, stakeholders and management as appropriate. Coordinate meetings, prepare project plans, reports/dashboards and presentations defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Develop communications, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Work with external consultants and external service providers on projects when needed. Ensure vendor performance and quality of work is appropriate and meets or exceeds ASA member and staff needs.
- Serve as a stakeholder liaison between all organizational stakeholders to drive successful project outcomes (i.e. senior executives, business units, technical resources, subject matter experts, members, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Public Health, Health Administration or MBA with concentration in health care preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing quality-related projects in within the fields of healthcare or medical associations.
- Demonstrated project management experience. PMP certification is desired.
- Strong writing skills and verbal communication/presentation skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, webinars, web portal (Sharepoint) activity, and other productivity focused tools.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively to achieve organizational and team goals/results.