Position Title: Membership Development Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Membership
This position is responsible for development of both new and established memberships, including participation in events and strategic planning meetings as opportunities to build relationships. Successful candidate will be proactive in seeking out new members, communicating with businesses, and work to achieve a quarterly retention rate of 75% or higher and increase overall membership engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute goals and action plans with Vice President of Membership for membership growth and increased retention
- Proactively, under direction of Vice President of Membership, seek out businesses for membership growth.
- Coordinate strategic planning meetings with member businesses to learn about their business goals and initiatives to ensure membership is utilized appropriately and their goals are met
- Ability to create and update marketing materials both in print and online
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office as needed
- Assist in the planning and executing of over 100 events per year as needed
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Phone skills in collecting outstanding invoices and cold calling
- Ability to nurture ongoing relationships with member businesses
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and very high attention to detail
- IT Proficient – including ability to maintain and add records, run reports and manipulate lists in a web-based database system, word processing, spreadsheets, email marketing, etc.
- Willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas to management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Sales & Marketing or other related field
- Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Internet and database software
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and effective customer service skills
- Professional, representing the SBA with enthusiasm, political astuteness, professionalism and image
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking
- Attention to detail; time and project management skills, ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- A cooperative attitude in a supportive work environment
NO WALK IN's OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About the Schaumburg Business Association
The Schaumburg Business Association was formed in 2001 to represent the needs of businesses in Schaumburg, Illinois. With over 700 members, the association is dedicated to enhancing the overall quality of life and economic vitality of the Schaumburg area. The SBA advocates for the business community and provides world-class signature events and programs, specialized networking and educational opportunities, and legislative advocacy for its members.
The statements in this position profile are intended to represent
the key duties and level of work being performed;
they are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the position.