schaumburg business association
POSITION: Marketing Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: President
Reporting directly to the Schaumburg Business Association President, the Marketing Communications Manager provides the following services to the SBA in a key professional staff position:
- Create and conduct survey research for membership/marketing/event purposes.
- Analyze and formulate survey results in an understanding manner.
- Conduct research on the latest marketing trends & relevant small business articles to share with membership.
- Create all monthly calendars.
- Create and design all marketing flyers.
- Design and coordinate all ads that are sent to media outlets.
- In charge of writing press releases to post on the blog and send to the Daily Herald.
- Take pictures and videos at each event.
- Create monthly calendars of events.
- Develop each event page in Chamber Master.
- Facebook Live, make Stories on Facebook & Instagram at events.
- In charge of pre, post and live marketing at events. (Print & Digital)
- Responsible for coordinating all ribbon cuttings with the Village of Schaumburg, post ribbon cuttings on social media, and send in pictures to media outlets.
- In charge of managing all social media handles including: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Interact with members’ social media pages and encourage members to interact with the SBA’s social media.
- Responsible for informing the staff on upcoming marketing posts and for suggesting paid ads when needed.
- Conduct member marketing meetings with members to create marketing plans for the year.
- Send each new member the SBA badge to include on their website and SBA logos for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
- Assist members in understanding digital marketing processes.
- Create and formulate all Member Newsletters and Member Promotional Eblasts on Mail Chimp. (Weekly)
- Assist in formatting the Economic Development Newsletter. (Monthly)
- Create and design all flyers, FB covers, event signatures, presentations, etc.
- In charge of updating and managing the SBA website.
QUALIFICATIONSBachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or other related field
2 years experience working in customer service.
Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Internet, and database software
Excellent communications skills (Written and Verbal) and effective customer service skills
Professional demeanor, representing the organization with enthusiasm, political astuteness, professionalism, and image
Strong organizational & multi-tasking capabilities; ability to lead & manage volunteers and committees
Attention to detail; time and project management skills, ability to meet deadlines with professionalism and accuracy, and high degree of self-motivation
Ability to develop administrative controls and process improvements
Ability to work independently and exercise tact in a nonprofit environment
A cooperative attitude in a supportive work environment
ABOUT THE SBA
The Schaumburg Business Association was formed in 2001 to represent the needs of businesses in Schaumburg, Illinois. With 760 members, the association is dedicated to enhancing the overall quality of life and economic vitality of the Schaumburg Area. The SBA advocates for the business community and provides world-class signature events and programs, specialized networking and educational opportunities, and legislative advocacy for its members. www.SchaumburgBusiness.com
The statements in this position profile are intended to represent
the key duties and level of work being performed;
they are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the position.