SENIOR PERIOPERATIVE SURGICAL HOME MANAGER
The American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 52,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values, we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2017. To continue strengthening the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The Senior Perioperative Surgical Home Manager develops, implements, and evaluates systems, policies, procedures, and operating structure to advance the perioperative surgical home (PSH) concept as a viable model of health care delivery which includes its monetization. Manages the daily operations of the PSH Learning Collaborative which includes ensuring the priorities of the Collaborative are being executed, developing clearly defined work flow processes between participating organizations, ASA staff and outside vendors, and providing strategic direction on the creation and dissemination of all PSH educational content. Manages high level payment issues with government and private payers which includes monitoring, strategizing, modeling and executing agreed upon plans. Develops resources and tools based on outcomes of plans. Ensures that the PSH is reflected appropriately throughout the ASA’s strategic and operational plans.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the strategic goals of the PSH Learning Collaborative as approved and adopted by the PSH Learning Collaborative Steering Committee.
- Develop clear and concise roles and responsibilities within the PSH Learning Collaborative process to ensure outside stakeholders and vendors are producing agreed upon results.
- Develop, define and execute the PSH MACRA Strategy. Review and assess strategic opportunities for the PSH model that address various aspects of MACRA including MIPS and APMs.
- Provide content and strategic direction to the PSH and MACRA websites, providing content creation, insights into the website look and feel, as well as working with internal ASA staff to disseminate PSH content where necessary.
- Develop and manage the PSH data submission process including assisting participating organizations in the upload process, working with the AQI data expert to generate feedback reports and managing follow-up with outside data collection vendor.
- Manage PSH response to regulatory and private sector payment initiatives, which includes monitoring relevant CMS Proposed and Final Rules, serve as liaison to outside stakeholders developing payment models and attend relevant payment meetings (e.g. PTAC, AMA, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare policy, management or organization required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of high level strategy and programmatic experience, preferably from an association (medical society, a plus).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payment policy and government relations.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in a related function.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing key deliverables based upon mission, values and goals of a strategic plan.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application, Word, Excel, Outlook and other productivity focused tools.